Thursday, February 01, 2007

Series Update: Kami Kaze, v.2

SERIES UPDATE

I gave Kami Kaze, v.1 a decent review, but there was a considerable gap before I picked up the second volume. A combination of factors gave me a bad initial reaction to v.2, such as: similar-looking characters, people being conveniently "weak", unimaginative rituals and a lot of big names for too many different groups of people. After reviewing v.1, I've modified that dislike to "no comment." Though I still get a laugh from the fact that 88 ravening, massively powerful "beasts" were unleashed upon the world... and nobody seemed to notice. In the next scene, literally, the two girls are talking some months later about how nice their new sailor uniforms are. WTF?

Kami Kaze vol. 2 is available from Right Stuf, Intl., an online retailer specializing in anime and manga.

- Miranda

No comments: