Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Short Sunzen!, vol. 1

By Susugi Sakurai
Released in the US by TokyoPop


Slugline: Wow! I haven't read anything exactly like this for almost two whole weeks!

I'm sorry, maybe it is the flu I am fighting talking here, but Short Sunzen! read like a half dozen other manga about violent girls with a heart of gold, the boys they like, who secretly like them back, but because no one ever notices what is right in front of their face, or even tries to talk to their friends, they are kept apart. Like I said, I've read dozens of versions of this story. The art in this version of the story is a little too busy, making the reading more difficult to get through. So only bother with it unless you feel the need to prove my analysis wrong, or that you really really think the previous dozen or so versions of this kind of story just was not fulfilling.



Short Sunzen!, vol. 1 is also available from Right Stuf, Intl., an online retailer specializing in anime and manga.

-Ferdinand

No comments: